After a short career in the arts, he received an M.A., and a short period as database application programmer, Dr. Lodewijk Bos entered the conference business in 1987 as assistant to the ESPRIT Conference organisor at the EC. With his own company, MC-Consultancy he organized since 1989 a large number of IT related events all over Europe.
In 2003 he started the International Congress on Medical and Care Compunetics. In 2004 he was founder of the International Council on Medical and Care Compunetics, ICMCC.
Since 2006 Dr Lodewijk Bos is member of the Administrative Council of the WABT-ICET-UNESCO, charged with Strategic Planning and Programs.
Lodewijk Bos has his own blog on the ICMCC website.
Drs Lodewijk Bos is member of:
- IFMBE Ethics Committee
- the advisory board of the Dutch diabetes web portal Mijn DVN;
- the IFMBE working Group on “Medical and Biological Engineering Contributions to the Safety and Security of Individuals and Society”;
- the NEN normcommissie “Informatievoorziening in de zorg”;
- the advisory board of the European Privacy Institute.
- He is co-editor of the series on Medical and Care Compunetics (IOSPress);
- He is series editor of “Communications in Medical and Care Compunetics” (Springer-Verlag).
- 2004-2009 Member of the editorial board of the Journal on Information Technology in Healthcare.
On May 19-20 he will be the Moderator of session on Best Practices to Improve Patient Experience and Empowerment at WHCC Europe 2010 in Brussels, Belgium.