Healthcare Innovation: Extreme Affordability

From InnovationCell

Jump to:navigation, search

Healthcare Innovation: Extreme Affordability

Essay.png

The Stanford Institute for Design (which likes to be called the ‘d.school’) observes that vendors have historically been making products that serve “a tiny fraction of the world’s population”. It's not a bad business calculus when the top 5% hold over half of the world's wealth, but the d.school imagines products that cater to the remaining 95%; and so the concept of American affordability needs to get a little more ‘extreme’ if it's going to apply itself to a global market.

Start date August 9, 2010

End date August 9, 2010


People Neil Seeman


Navigation
Toolbox